Pricing Your Home
PRICING YOUR HOME TO SELL ATTRACTS MORE BUYERS !
IT’S A NUMBERS GAME…
and the challenge is to choose a listing price that is comparable to similar homes on the market in your area, thus attracting the optimum number of prospective buyers to view your property. Pricing your home above market value reduces the number of qualified buyers willing to view your home. Pricing it at or below market value increases the number of showings and the percentage of qualified buyers viewing your home.
THE DRAWBACKS OF OVERPRICING ARE NUMEROUS AND RARELY BENEFIT THE SELLER…
- Pricing your home higher than other comparable listings may actually help sell your neighbor’s home faster than yours.
- Overpricing may attract the wrong buyers.
- Sales associates will miss showing your property to potentially qualified buyers simply because, at face value, your home is out of their client’s price range.
- Fewer potentially qualified buyers will respond to your ad.
- You may miss out on the buyer who is unwilling to negotiate.
- And most important, overpricing can lead to loan rejections and lost time.
- Timing plays an important role in the sale of your home. The activity surrounding your property is greatest during first 21 days on the market. An attractive price increases the probability of interested buyers.
Licensed Real Estate Broker with the Calif. Dept. of Real Estate